Monday, May 11, 2009

London broil sandwich


  • sliced London broil (leftover works great)
  • horseradish sauce
  • shredded lettuce
  • whole wheat rolls

Spread a little sauce on both sides of cut roll. Place meat on bottom and cover with a generous amount of shredded lettuce.

The dish: I wasn't planning on blogging this sandwich made with leftovers I didn't even cook, but it came out so tasty I felt I had to. I love the flavor combination of horseradish sauce and steak on a sandwich, it's so rich that there's no need for cheese or much of anything else. Using leftover meat gives a great flavor that can't be had when you buy that shady stuff at the deli counter. The London Broil was made by my sister-in-law in celebration of Mother's day and it was delicious both the first and second go around.

2 comments:

  1. The sandwich could also work on a salt bagel, which would give a salty counterpoint to the tang of the horseradish and the spice from the london broil.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At that point it would pretty much be a beef on weck. I'm not sure of the exact makeup of one, but I bet Cheryl would from her years spent in Buffalo

    ReplyDelete