Wednesday, March 4, 2009

rigatoni with roasted cauliflower and asiago cheese


  • 1 pound rigatoni
  • 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
  • asiago cheese
  • bread crumbs
  • fresh curly parsley, chopped fine

Combine cauliflower and garlic with a generous amount of olive oil, roast for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven, stirring occasionally. Boil rigatoni in salted water until just done. Add breadcrumbs and parsley to cauliflower, season with kosher salt and fresh pepper, stirring in more olive oil as needed. Continue cooking until pasta is done. Place pasta on plate, sprinkle asiago cheese on top, drizzle with good quality olive oil and top with cauliflower mixture.

The dish: If you're a faithful red room reader (which I think you might be because I'm pretty sure it's only Kim and I reading this) you know my feelings on olive oil: cook with really cheap stuff and drizzle with great stuff. Cauliflower is one of those super veggies that has all kinds of good things going on and this was an easy way to enjoy it. If you want to make it a little healthier you can omit the breadcrumbs, but they really added a nice touch.

2 comments:

  1. I am reading and noticed you were tardy with recipes! I will be making something from your blog this weekend, not sure what yet. Will advise. Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a reader also. I admit I've been busy the last couple of weeks, but I am reading every recipe, including the ones with stuff I don't like. Your writing and humor make recipes for stuff like artichokes & mushrooms worth reading. Keep up the good work.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete